
I watched the Cultural Presentation by the Mexican people on Saturday, in a broadcast, and I watched the dedication on Sunday, in spanish. It was nice to make a small connection with my ancestry. I know we are not from Mexican descent, but the Latin culture in general is something I really appreciate and desire to know more about. The people were so gracious and grateful for the prophet and the temple; it was amazing! I can't believe the preparation and the spirit put into the Cultural Presentation to honor the prophet and the temple. I couldn't understand everything that was said, but what I did understand was so beautiful and full of the Spirit.
I think that if we were to put half the effort in that some people in other countries do, we would be so much better off. The humility and the love they have is so honorable in my eyes. We have been so blessed, with so much, that these blessings become underappreciated and taken for granted. I have a temple within a mile from my apartment, and I could definitely be there so much more than I have been. The rededication was a great reminder of what is really important for me. It is so easy to forget with my school and social life. I hope and pray that we can all remember to be grateful for all that we have been given, especially the blessing to live so close to temples!

3 comments:
Sounds awesome. I'm glad you had that experience.
And have fun watching the game tonight! I'd say 80% of the ward here in DC graduated from the Y, so I've been hearing about this game for weeks.
Love you.
What a contrasting post. "I love Turtles" to " "I LOVE TEMPLES"
This is why I love blogs. When you write what's in your heart & mind-I see MORE of who you really are. I love you Kailey! You're learning something right now that I learned years ago & I hope I never forget it. In fact....I have to PRAY that I don't.
But this gratitude for the simple things-the pure things-the things that really matter is what makes us feel joy on a continous basis.
My first "real" boyfriend came from a family of 10 kids. I had one brother. We were spoiled, but not rotten. We had more than our friends because our family was small in comparison with our neighbors who were predominately Mormons with a minimum of 4 kids.
When I saw how happy this family was and how excited they got over the simplest thing-I thought I want to be like that. I don't want to take everything for granted & be a snooty poop.
So believe this or not ( I grew up in an athiest home) I PRAYED in my backyard that that if there is a GOD to please help me to ALwAYs BE grateful for what I have truly & appreciate it. Help me not to be snotty, assuming (take things for granted or expect things), & ingrateful.
I believe the Lord has helped me from that day forward to keep me grounded even though I forget then He gives me what I want - A hard lesson to keep me grateful. You know?
Kailey....I am SUPER Happy for you right now. You are in the most wonderful season of your life. You are doing so well...Thanks for keeping us connected.
Thanks Lisa!
I really appreciate your enthusiasm and interest in my life. And thank you for your comment to it was really great!
I love you!
Post a Comment