So, I thought I would get on board with this blogging thing and follow what the family is up to, and in return let you know what's up with your favorite Badals at BYU!
School is going pretty well for us right now, but I would say, with no days off yet, the workload has been a little rough. I know that me and Bryan have had an average or equivalent of 5 large tests and a paper due every week, and James has some major projects he is working on. It's difficult when the materials in your classes don't overlap, but we manage. We have no money and we study hard, but college life is amazing nonetheless!
We do find time every weekend to relax, which is a great relief! Bryan and I live in the Riviera apartment complex together, so we are together all the time! Bryan's roommate is an Electric music DJ, so we always have a party to go to on Friday nights. Nam, Bryan's roommate, wanted to put on a few parties with a couple other electro DJ's, and the parties have become quite the popular thing here at BYU, Joshua even came down for one or two of them! They officially named the parties "EDP"(Electric Dance Party). It has gotten so big that the EDP crew has been offered to run the music at a "mormon" club in Salt Lake City! And just to clarify, it is a completely harmless club, with a modesty dress code and no alcohol, just so you don't think we go hardcore clubbing all the time!! Good ole' Utah!
I love living by Bryan. We are pretty tight these days. It may just be because he likes it when I make him dinner, but I like to think otherwise. It is hard being away from the family all the time, especially when cool things are going on, or your mom gets into an accident, but I love it at BYU, and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now. Having Bryan here lets me have a little bit of my family and my BYU too!
Gossip: I am dating someone. I heard my dad told some of the family I had a "friend." It is true! His name is Juan Baez. He's a great guy, no worries, and I guess everyone will get to meet him during the holidays! He was Bryan's companion on the mission and now they are roommates.......But my dad even liked him, so that should tell you just a little something about him!
In Other News: The Iverson men came to see us! It was really great to go out to dinner with them and James! Jon has some pretty cool stories! They came to see the final home game at BYU... Another perfect home season! Go Cougars!!
Feel free to ask questions and let me know whats going on! I feel family deprived.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Of course you know, Kailey, that we all love you despite being separated by distance and time. Glad to see you blogging. Just a warning though, at least as far as my experience has gone, it's hard being consistent. But keep plugging away at it. I'll check in on you from time to time. Love your not so far away Uncle.
You GO GIRL!!! You ROCK!!! We want to keep up with what's going on with you and this is a great way to do it without having to spend hours on the phone when YOU "know" there's grip of work waiting for you!
Loved hearing all the updates. I love hanging out with those Iverson's too! Daniel and I went with Jon to watch Nate's football game, but missed Katie's performance since it was Homecoming, but we saw cool fireworks & ate Anita's "awesome" dinner. They are really fun to be with.
Post a BIG photo of you guys! Your MAC has GREAT Iphot features that make blogging easy. Keep it up! WE LOVE YOU. All of You! Hugs and a "HEE HAW!" from Clovis country. : )
Kailey,
We enjoyed your comments. Its good to get another perspective about life at BYU. Keep it up
Uncle Juan
KAILEY?!? What is going on and how come I have not received any phone calls? I know you know what I am referring to. I wait for your e-mail, phone call...something. Aunt Liz
Yay! I'm excited to read about your life. Sounds like you're having a lot of fun up there.
I know my law-school experience would be ten times cooler if I had family nearby.
Post a Comment