As I sit here in the basement of the HBLL (Harold B. Lee Library) procrastinating finishing my nutrition paper, I can't help but be really grateful and really happy! I don't know why I am in such a good mood - I have so much work to do! But I am!
A lot of my happiness and gratefulness probably has to do with the fact that this week is Thanksgiving week, and yesterday I heard so many testimonies of the power of gratitude. And today, I read the comment Lisa left on my temples blog, which was truly beautiful. I want Lisa to know how much I appreciate her testimony of gratitude as well.
One quote I heard yesterday, that I thought was interesting: "When you are glad to receive something, you are focusing on the gift; When you are grateful to receive something, you are focusing on the giver"
So I pose this question to everyone else: Which would you rather be - glad or grateful? Obviously the correct answer is that we should be grateful, but I know, first-hand, that it's not always the easiest thing to do.
Thanksgiving is a great time to recognize the things we are most grateful for. I always make a little list of the things I love most, but I feel like I haven't been thorough enough in my thankfulness... Sure, I said what I am grateful for, but did I ever thank anyone for it? Kind of. I could do better. This Thanksgiving I plan to say "thanks" and focus more on the giver rather than the gifts.
Rivalry game: was a sore disappointment. Unfortunately we lost, but I am really grateful for the work, the heartache and the harassment the BYU football goes through for our entertainment! They are still great, and I am still a loyal fan!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That was great Kailey! Very profound quote from someone wise. I never looked at it that way before, but now if you think about it-we should be really focused on the giver. I'm on board with that. BTW: I a m bad especially at thanking my mom who seems to knock herself out for us whenever we come over. I'm going to be especially warm & lovin' on her this trip! Nice post. I'm bummed we won't see you guys. Your mom says you'll all be at Juan & Ana's. Well at least around the next corner will be Christmas. Jacki will be coming in late Sunday the week of. Until then...love ya! Tell that cute boyfriend of yours we said "HI" & we're anxious to meet him! Also give Bryan a big hug & kiss for us as well as James. Happy Thanksgiving to You!
This is a great post. You're extremely wise for one so young.
I'm definitely going to try to do a better job of being grateful as I go throughout my week.
Good luck with all of the work you have to do. Late November is such a bear for college students.
thanks j dawg... good luck to you too!!
Post a Comment