Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker


Sunday, September 27, 2009

Pretty dang sure.

So I'm pretty dang sure what I was feeling was the baby. I felt this past Tuesday, but rather than a constant poking, it was more of the butterfly effect. I guess it was just rolling around in there, but then I've been feeling more and more pokes. It's sooo cool! It's kind of hard to believe, because I still don't really feel pregnant - i just feel chubby and out of shape.

I have graduated to yoga pants. Most of my normal people pants don't fit anymore. It's ok because I can get away with looking nice enough for work, if I wear a nice shirt and some cute shoes. A little tacky - I know, but I'm pregnant, so what are you gonna say? And these days it's all about the accessories, because the belly isn't at that all so cute stage where I actually look pregnant. I'm more like, "I think she might be, but maybe she just gained weight..." stage. Although Bryan says I definitely look pregnant, when I have been telling people this past week, they seemed to have no idea. but really who cares if they think I'm fat. I know I'm not and I can't suck it in regardless. I should get one of those, "I'm not fat, I'm pregnant." shirts so people don't judge me as a shove a doughnut in my mouth.

Today's question: How did your body feel through all the shifting? I feel like now that I'm a little bigger, my body thinks its hauling around 300 pounds, because all of my muscles get tired. It feels like a workout to walk to and from campus. It is a 20 minute walk uphill, but still!

And please feel free to share your weird cravings. I just want a pizza lunchable everyday. And I thought I wanted a hot dog once, but talked myself out of it. And soft serve ice cream or soup tends to tame my upset stomach.

5 comments:

K. Baez said...

I think I wasn't sure if it was the baby at first because I got so excited at the idea that I started crying and I couldn't let myself see if it was really the baby moving around, but I know what it feels like now. I can even feel it as I write this. It seems to be pretty active, but so were his mommy and daddy :).

Lisa said...

That's so exciting!!! Feeling your baby is so amazing! Uh-oh, you're in for an active kid. I know how you feel :)

That "Maybe chubby, maybe pregnant" stage STINKS. May it pass by quickly :) P.S. YOGA PANTS??? You need to shop for some maternity pants, chica. They have some that are great for your stage. I NEVER liked those over-the-belly panel kind that you need to be huge for, but I always liked a short little panel that fits under the belly, or some that went totally under the belly and had elastic. Anyways, my point is that you can start wearing the types I like NOW, and they're comfortable, and they're not yoga pants ;). Hooray shopping!

Like I said, my weird craving was soup. And with my first two pregnancies, guacamole. But with the one that actually stuck (Jonathan), guacamole made me feel sorta sick. Weird, huh?

Maybe getting tired climbing a hill is halfway because you're carrying a baby, and halfway because you're MAKING A BABY. I used to get so exhausted just from a trip to the grocery store--I once just sat on the floor because I thought I was going to faint. Weird.

Man, if you keep asking questions I'm going to keep leaving insanely long comments on your blog, haha :)

Lizzie C. said...

Remember that your body is working on overdrive right now. You are going to get and feel tired. I was tired the whole nine months. But your walk to campus up hill is going to do you worlds of good in the long run. Keep it up.

I hated that in between stage, because you just feel ugly. I was so self conscious (sp?) and would try to stick out my stomach just so that I could look pregnant.

In about a month and a half Juan should be able to feel the baby move too. This is such a beautiful time!

K. Baez said...

haha i find myself sticking myself out too!!! and yeah I guess it makes sense to be tired....

but then how do those moms actually EXERCISE? like doing additional workouts? noooooo way! I've seen preggo ladies at the gym and there is no way I even have the energy to do my normal routine!

Lisa said...

Don't you feel LUCKY to have cool cuzs and aunts to help you with the questions? I can't remember anything so I'm not any help. You'd think after 5 kids I could remember something, but it's a big fog in my head. Oh well....I am approaching 50! (sigh)

But...I do feel your curiosity and that moving baby is gonna be just like YOU. Mrs. ADVENTUROUS!!!