
I feel like Julie from "Julie & Julia." My Grandma got me this book when I got married. I have been trying a different recipe ever night and I love it!! I love cooking and I love discovering new recipes. I still make my favorites from growing up, but it's fun to add to the menu - Last night's dinner was a hit!
WHITE CHICKEN CHILI! - SOOOOOO easy, so good and so healthy too!
3 - 15 oz cans of pinto or white kidney beans (cannellini) rinsed and drained
2 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 cup chopped red, green or yellow sweet pepper
2 fresh jalepeƱo chile peppers, seeded and chopped (beware of the volatile oils!)
2 cloves garlic minced
2 tsps cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp oregano
3 1/2 cups chicken broth
mix in a slow cooker and go!! (cook on high for about 4-5 hours, low for 8-9)
The best part about this dish was that I had everything in my kitchen already, and it was almost no work.
My suggestions:
I used one black bean one black eyed pea and one RED kidney bean can each. I didn't have the other types on hand. I thought it was flavorful and added color to the dish. (light beans with white chicken = boring aesthetics. Presentation DOES matter!). Moral of the story: being creative with your bean choice will NOT take away from the dish
I served it on rice - YUMMY!
flavorful topping suggestions: Fresh snipped cilantro (favorite), shredded cheddar cheese, tortilla chips, and/or sour cream.
NOTE: toppings may or may not take away from the healthfulness of the dish.
Bon Appetit!

5 comments:
Mmmm, I'll have to try it!
Oh, and I translated your message at the bottom ;)
That sounds really good, I will definetly have to try that one.
And what does the message say?
Thanks for sharing. This does look AWESOME. I love cooking blogs & stuff. I'm IMPRESSED that you are trying things in the kitchen!
I love that you love cooking, that'll make life so much more enjoyable.
Post a Comment