Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker


Sunday, October 10, 2010

Juan's Arm

As a response to those of you that hadn't heard what happened to Juan's arm:

He cut it really bad, back in the beginning of August. He was doing the dishes and a ceramic bowl slipped out of his hands and broke clean in half. He reacted to it, trying to catch it, but the bowl had already broken, and it sliced his wrist. I was sitting on the couch and heard him yell "AHH. I cut my arm!" But he made it sound like a little cut. I get over there and there's a ton of blood. And our conversation goes a little something like this:

"OK, I'm going to clean it out but don't get scared."

I see the cut.

"UUUmmm we have to go to the hospital RIGHT NOW!"

"Yeah, I know..."

"Why didn't you tell me that when you said you cut your arm??"

"I didn't want to scare you."

"Yeah, but then I would have at least been a little more reactive!!!!"

Then, I had to use my first aid skills and wrap it up tightly (although I was a little slow to react due to the fact that I was freaking out) and then we ran to the emergency room where he got 15 stitches.

They said he didn't hit any nerves or tendons and he just barely missed the artery. He pretty much got really "lucky" and only got the biggest cut he could possibly get without actually doing any terrible, permanent damage, although it was still really terrible and painful and is still bothering him.

But, like I said he went to physical therapy and now has full range of motion, despite the doctor's (and our) fear that he might not recover so quickly.

I posted the link to the pictures in an earlier post, but here they are again.

Enjoy!









And A cute one of Jack to make you feel better after looking at those other pictures....


3 comments:

Lizzie C. said...

How scary. I would have freaked out too probably. The picture of Jack though totally compensates for all the grossness. He looks so much like you as a baby it's freaky.

Juan and Anamaria said...

Wow! Juan is one lucky man! Let the dish go next time, it is not worth it! I agree with Lizzie, I appreciated the picture of Jack after those other pictures! He does look so much like you! He is such a cutie! ")

Lisa said...

I had no idea that a ceramic dish could do that! YIKES!