Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker


Friday, September 25, 2009

I'm gonna do this.


I decided that I am going to start blogging FOR REAL. We'll see how this goes.

Life is busy with school and work, but I can do it! - at least once a week.

Juan wants to start taking pictures of me every few weeks, so y'all can see my growth and progress and give me some advice. (Advice I desperately need!). Luckily, as of now, the nausea is GONE. Gagging comes with certain smells, but the daily puking has passed.

My first question. Doctors? how do you know if you like them? I have been going to this one, and I'm pretty sure I want to switch, but I don't even know where to start. I don't know anyone around that has had a baby here. I'm thinking of just hanging out at the playground and talking to the moms like a stalker creep to get some suggestions.

Second, when did you feel your first baby? how do you know it's your baby and not gas or something?

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I swear....you ought to be a comediene! These questions go to the other Lisa B since she went to BYU & her friend Abbie. Lisa's your best resource.

As for the baby movement. You WILL KNOW. I'm still giggling at the way you phrased that one. I LOVE you. This is going to be super great to read your updates.

Did you see Lisa's FB photos? She had one where she was holding a card that said "4 weeks" or something. i loved that.

Anyways....I'm so glad to see you bloggin'. It would help if people knew the web address. I had to find your name on Lisa's blog to click on your name. That took me to your profile. Welcome Aboard!

DABadal said...

I think I felt our first baby move at about 8 months. I think I saw him move before I actually felt him.

Lisa said...

I'm so glad that you're going to be blogging again! (and that I know the address now ;) )

You may think you need a lot of advice, but you don't. You'll rock. But you'll never find a group of people who more love to give advice than moms, hahaha :)

I didn't like my OB with Jonathan very much. BUT, he didn't even end up delivering him. Maybe I should've switched, though--he was annoying.

I had the BEST OB in Provo, but he died of pancreatic cancer :( But he was at the Aspen Women's Center--right off of University Ave., and it was a really nice place. But asking the girls at the playground is the best way--they'll be happy to guide you in the right direction.

I had to look back on my blog to see when I first felt Jonathan. :) It was the beginning of October and I was due at the end of March, so I was like 15 weeks along. But really, at first it was really hard to tell. It really does feel sorta like gas. I was only able to tell if I was just sitting still, and I felt a little teeny, tiny poke in the same area again and again. It's the most amazing feeling! You might not believe that that's what it really is at first :) BUT, you'll be begging for little tiny kicks when you're about 8 months along, hahaha :)

I'm so glad you're no longer barfing! When do you get to find out if it's a girl or a boy? And we definitely DO want to see pictures of your growing belly :)

Juan and Anamaria said...

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so glad that you are no longer so sick! I was sick all the time for about 5 months with each pregnancy. The first time I felt John it was around 3 to 4 months pregnant, it almost felt like a "butterfly" in my abdomen. Then, a few weeks later he really kicked,and I had not doubt.
If you don't like your doctor, change him, and ask Lisa, or ask people around you at BYU at the park with kids, just like you said.
I love reading blogs, so I'll start checking yours!
We love you both, and we are here if you need anything!
Love,

Aunt Ana and Uncle Juan

Lizzie C. said...

A good doctor wont rub you the wrong way. You ought to feel comfortable with your doctor, after all they are going to see you through some very unbecoming moments. You should be able to have a discussion with your doctor and not feel like they are rushing you out of the room. I think you had a great idea about stalking the other mommies at the playground. Introduce yourself, ask around. You'll find this helps when it comes time to pick out a pediatrician too.

I felt Little Leo move around 15-16 weeks and that is still pretty early. It's hard to know for sure at this point what it is for sure. But at around 18 weeks, you'll feel it move and then you'll know. You will know. The first time I was so sure it was Leo moving I got very overwhelmed with emotion. It's an amazing feeling.

I think Juan is so right about taking pictures documenting your changes. Lisa would take pictures holding up signs marking the weeks on it ---the best idea I've ever seen.

I am so excited to give you advice. I can't believe it, your having a baby....