Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker


Thursday, October 15, 2009

Friendly Reminder.

A week from today - October 22, 2009 - is sonogram day. Please mark your calenders and be ready to tune in for the gender/cute lil' sonogram pictures.

Other monumental moments:

1. Two days ago, someone I had just met asked me when my due date was without any provocation other than my growing belly. Probably not the first person to think I was pregnant, but definitely the first person bold enough to ask.

2. Yesterday, someone touched the belly.

I must have grown over night, and suddenly I'm just so obviously pregnant that people feel ok to say something... I don't really mind that the girl touched my belly, because I know her, we're friends, first of all, and she was just surprised at how much I had grown. And it wasn't a grab or a rub or invasion of my space, it was just a quick pat. But I think if a stranger did that I would go pregnant ninja on them. That's just weird.

3. I gave into my hot dog craving. Eww I hate hot dogs, but this was probably the best hot dog I had ever had.

4. I gave in, because I had eaten the grocery store out of their pizza lunchable supply.

5. Last night I went to sleep at 7:30, right after work, and didn't get up until 2:00, just in time to get ready for work again. Who does that?

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Hahaha, that's a LOT of sleep. Congrats on really showing! I never really minded people touching my belly, but at least stranger never did.

I'm so excited for next week!!!!! Hooray!!!!!

Juan and Anamaria said...

I was sooo sleepy during my first pregnancy too! I also did not mind people I knew touching my belly, I think it is all the excitment of a new life, and people just like to feel it too! I can't wait until the 22nd! :)

Lizzie C. said...

I had some strange man in the grocery store come up and touch my belly. It took like 2.3 seconds of complete shock before I went "pregnant ninja" on him. I love that phrase BTW.

I slept like that when I was pregnant too. I had few pregnancy discomforts (i.e. throwing up/nausea) but I was soooooooooooooo tired. You could not pry me off the couch. I would sleep on my lunch break at work, and eat at my desk later. I would sleep when I got home and was in bed without fail everyday by 8.30-9.00. Your normal. :)

I cant wait for next week, let the shopping begin!