Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker


Monday, November 23, 2009

What's New?

It's been a while since I have written anything so I decided I would give a nice update:

1. Monumental moment in Utah history: Click here to find out what I ate for dinner this past week.

2. Juan had some spare time, or rather made some spare time, to do some family history. Nobody in his family has done much in regards to family history, so we had a lot of work to do! Juan is kinda like a Badal in the fact that once he starts something, he doesn't stop... He gets obsessive. But I'm glad it's about something like family history- I know Anita and Abuela can relate! So within a week, he had 16 female names and 16 male names.

3. We made a pilgrimage to the Salt Lake Temple this Saturday and got to work! I don't like to boast about things like the temple... That's not what it's all about. I am just proud of my husband and all his hard work, and I think it is important to share inspiring events with close friends and family. We were able to go through every stage of the temple for 2 of the couples. What an amazing experience! It was a long day! We were there from 7am-8pm, dark when we went in, dark when we came out.

I have such a strong testimony of the power of temples. Families can be forever! I was so happy to have my boys there with me. I cannot wait to be a mother - I know there is no greater thing a woman can do! I stress about what I am going to name him, how I am going to teach him, and care for him, and make sure he is the best person he can be. But this time in my pregnancy has been going very smoothly. The puking spells are a distant memory, and the minor aches and pains are hardly comparable. I feel great! I have devoted this time to getting myself together, becoming a responsible adult, so I can be the best mother possible. I love this baby, and I don't want to be anything less than worthy to be his mother. He deserves the best. And he has the best dad and the best grandparents, aunts and uncles and extended family, why not a great mom too?

Oh, my son, I can't wait to meet you!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That's so great that you were able to go to the temple for those family names! How cool! And that is definitely commendable--what a long day. It's so good that you're getting temple time in now, because it gets more complicated when the baby comes.

You will be such a great mother!! I'm excited to see your little guy :)

Lizzie C. said...

Every new mom worries that she won't be adequate enough. The worrying never stops. You will always worry that they make the right choices, that is a part of Motherhood. You've got the rest of your life to figure it out. You'll do great. You will be shocked to see how much your child will teach you about what it means to be a good mom. I can't wait to see you this weekend!