Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker


Thursday, February 25, 2010

THIS.

IS. SERIOUSLY. KILLING. ME.

How do people have the patience for this? Luckily I have had a lot to do to keep my mind off of it. But really, it's all I think about. This week was midterm week. I was secretly hoping I would go into labor, because then I wouldn't have to take my tests and turn in all of my papers, but I think it will be better to get it all out of the way. After tomorrow I can totally relax and just wait for this little guy to arrive.

I was looking into hospital information - All the rooms are private! yay! and they will let Juan and baby stay with me. I am soooo glad I do not have to share a room with someone. And they have wifi internet, so I can update everyone as soon as I'm settled. Is it weird that I'm excited to stay at a hospital? I've never done it before - sounds exciting! But I guess I'll know soon enough.

And no, we still do not have a name. We have some options, but at this point, we are going to keep it a surprise until the little guy is here. Hopefully I will get some inspiration when I see his cute little face!

P.S. How did you KNOW you were in labor? I kind of hope my water breaks so I have a definite time-line. I don't want to end up going too early just for them to turn me away (we are about a half hour from the hospital). By the time we get home it could be for real! And what if I wait too long? We are 30 minutes away! I could be having a baby on the side of the "rode" (nice spelling-just noticed)! I'm sure I'll know - it's just the anxiety of the unknown. And the impatience...................

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Hahaha, sorry. And sorry for laughing--I just have SO been there. It'll happen--you can do it! The waiting does suck, though. I'm not excited for that this time around, that's for sure. And I can't give much advice as to know when you're in labor--my water broke to start my labor. But your doctor will give you guidelines, and hopefully those will help :/ What hospital are you delivering at? And no name yet?? Can't wait to see your no-name cute little boy!

P.S. I totally loved staying in the hospital. I could order food like a crazy person, and I liked all of the food that they brought me. They had certain hours, but I was just amazed that I could be like, "I want a sandwich, and chocolate milk, and orange juice, and carrot cake, and chocolate cake." And they'd just say, "Anything else?" "Yeah, and a burger." For some reason I loved that.

Oh, and one piece of unsolicited advice I'll give is this--don't feel bad if you want to send the baby to the nursery for a while so that you can sleep. They will be so well taken care of and they'll bring you the baby when they need to eat, and sometimes you just need that sleep. Which is good to get while you're there because there will be no nursery service at home :) Anyways, there are my two cents. I usually loved having Jonathan in the room with me, but one night I had them take him for a few hours, and it was really nice to get some uninterrupted sleep.

Lizzie C. said...

Real contractions feel very different than braxton hick. They spread across to the front of your belly as opposed to feeling them lower, like a menstral cramp. Your stomach will become very tight, and you should be on your way when you have to stop conversation or pause from whatever your doing during a contraction.

Since you already said they have wifi, I expect an update with pictures within 24 hours of the birth.

K. Baez said...

Yes ma'am!

Lisa said...

Man...you live in the BEst of times! Wifi at the hospital? No need to lug a journal in-just stay connected to everyone in the world! While you're at it you could have Juan post the live birth! hahaha.


All I know is that when I was preg w/ Jacki, I went to downtown LA 3 times. 3 times! What they finally told me on the 2nd time was...."When your stop smiling...that's when you're in labor!" You know me...always giggling & laughing even during serious times. So labor from start to finish was 24 hours! AFter that....2 hours with the next four.
Thanks for giving me an idea for my blog post for the day!