I went to see the final Harry Potter movie this morning. Juan's work graciously gave him and his coworkers two tickets each to the early bird showing. So, I dropped off Jack at the neighbors and had a nice little AM date with my husband.
The movie was more than I ever could have expected. Even though I read the books and knew the ending, I was totally captivated throughout the entire movie. I was full out crying towards the end of the movie - partially because of what was taking place on screen and partially because of what was taking place inside my soul.
Harry potter was a huge part of my childhood, and even as I've grown into adulthood, Harry Potter and the gang have been right there with me. It was my one connection to adolescence, and now it is gone. No more magical spells. No more giddy excitement for the newest book or film. No more midnight showings. No more Harry Potter.
It has been a great run Harry - you will be missed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
No kidding? Who knew a waitress with a great mind could come up with Harry Potter & give the whole world something to look forward to? I love your expressions in this post as I'm sure it echos the thoughts of many. I personally have never read the book or watched any of the movies all the way through but I watched my kids go NUTS over the books & movies.
Thanks for sharing & truly glad to see you blogging again. It's going to take some inertia for others to realize you're ON again! LOL LOVE YOU!
I still haven't seen it yet, but I can hardly wait. I too am anxious to see the ending.
Post a Comment