Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker


Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Dear Friends,

I went to my new doctor today. Can I just tell you how amazing I feel? I had been having anxiety attacks this weekend hoping I wasn't making a mistake and hoping that missing my appointment would not jeopardize my health and especially the baby's.
Well I'm proud to say - we are both alive and well. The baby's heartbeat was strong and "it" was kicking up a storm during the appointment, and continues to kick me as I type. It was such a relief to hear the strong heartbeat! The doctor was impressed.
They were amazingly nice at the office! I could not have asked for better. They were running a little late because the doctor was in surgery in the morning, but they made sure to hand out cold bottles of juice and candy to keep us satisfied! (I was sold on the juice - any place that gives me free refreshment is ok in my book!)
The nurse was very compassionate and the doctor was friendly, and I felt like he was actually paying attention to me. He completely calmed my fears - and it was a great first meeting. He seems busy, but with unexpected deliveries and great quality, it's understandable and worth the wait, because I know that I will be the star when it's my time to deliver.
My next appointment is in 2 weeks. They are making a big production of our big ultrasound, which I am so excited for!! I wish I could have done it today, but I think it will be worth the wait. They have a big room with a plasma screen tv to view the baby and they give you print outs and a dvd! And they do all sorts of measurements and everything. I saw a couple coming out of there with their goody bag and tears in their eyes.

I can't wait for my day!

4 comments:

Juan and Anamaria said...

Wow! It sounds like a great place and what great service! I never was given anything in any doctors office when they have been late! I can't wait to hear about the ultra sound! :)

Lizzie C. said...

You have found a good office. Keep that doctor! The ultrasound is such an exciting day. I can't wait to hear the update following that visit.

Lisa said...

Oh yay!!! I'm so excited for you. I agree--anyone that gives you refreshment is doing well in my book :) I'm so excited for your ultrasound! You are going to find out the sex of the baby, aren't you? (Not that I'll be angry if you don't--I just don't want to be all excited for it in 2 weeks and then not know) ;)

Lisa said...

This is so exciting that you're letting go through this journey with you! You write in such a way that we can actually feel your excitement, anxieties, hopes and curiosity.

What a thrill and so happy that you are HAPPY and CONFIDENT. There's nothing like PEACE to your soul, heart and mind.