Hey Liz... remember when you said "just wait until the 4 week mark..." Well... That has come and gone. I'm about 3.5 weeks out from my due date!! This is my belated 36 week pregnancy photo. Sorry it's dark, but I can't find the cord to my camera so I used my webcam (no flash).We went to the doctor today and I'm 25% effaced! (a week ago I was 0%) Wooo! haha... I was hoping for 5 cm dilation, but it looks like this guy is on schedule. We are going to visit the maternity ward at the hospital in about a week or so, since we have no idea what we are doing, and I'm gathering supplies for my hospital bag... just packing that bag makes it so much more real!!
Lisa- I'm sorry I have not blogged too much, but I feel like there is nothing much to blog about... I'm just too anxious for March 7th. It's all I can think about! These are the longest weeks of my life!! Even more than before the wedding. At least then I was busy. Now I'm just idling away my time waiting and waiting and waiting.
Other Lisa- I was looking at the difference between your 36 week and 40 week photos and now I'm really scared. I hope my belly size doesn't increase that much. My 36 week is already the size of your 40 week! I don't know if can get any bigger. Also I was going to ask my doctor how much one of those handheld heart monitor things costs, but I forgot. They left it on the counter. I could have slipped it in my purse for you, but I didn't. I'm sure it would qualify as grand theft.
My 36 week questions: 1st baby - did you go into labor before or after due date? I'm hoping for before so, all I'm eating is Mexican and making Juan give me foot massages (maybe, just maybe it will work).
Weird pregnancy myths? I heard not to raise your arms above your head because it will wrap the umbilical cord around baby's neck. I looked into it. It's not true. It doesn't even logically make sense.
Hospital bag: What were the best things to have? What do you REALLY need/what can you live without?
And any other advice/fun facts. I'm baby crazy these days. I love reading birthing stories, but then it makes me more anxious/impatient. Hope everyone is well!

4 comments:
Good luck! This really is a hard time. You're so huge and uncomfortable and you just want to hold that baby. I think that those last weeks have to be horrible, because you have to want that baby out with your whole soul to go through labor :)
And sorry, but you're not at my 40-week picture yet. Once people start running when they see you, then you know you're about ready :)
I did have Mexican food the night my water broke. And it was a full moon. (I looked up your next full moon--February 28th! So I'm betting you'll have the baby March 1st) We'll see. Jonathan came one day before his due date.
And one thing--don't get discouraged if you're not dilating at your doctor's appointments. I've always thought it was kind of dumb that they check anyways. My friend was 4cm at 36 weeks and was told that she could go any day--she went a week and a half overdue with a 10lb 7oz baby. I had an appointment on a Tuesday--no effacement, no dilation--and Friday night my water broke, and in the time it took to drive to the hospital I was already 3cm.
It's kinda gross, but you'll really know that it'll happen in the next few days when you lose the mucus plug. Sorry to say that out loud. Or type it or whatever. But it's true.
As for the hospital bag, you don't really need a lot. They provide almost everything you need. Just clothes for you to leave in, clothes for the baby to leave in, toothbrush/toothpaste, brush, maybe a boppy or something if you want to use one to nurse, stuff to keep you occupied during labor assuming that you have a perfect epidural... can't really think of anything else. They always suggest you bring your own pillow or bring your own robe or something like that--I never wanted to do any of that. With bleeding and nursing and whatnot, I wanted to get their stuff dirty, you know?
I'm so excited to see your baby!!! Labor is hard and everything, but seeing your baby for the first time is the most amazing experience. I'm so excited for you! When that baby comes, just get as much rest as you can. And when you don't have time to actually fall asleep, lying down with your eyes shut counts. It really does.
Let us know when it all happens!! And maybe you'll have to blog more or else we'll all think you had the baby ;)
I guess my comments from yesterday didn't post. I saw your comment on my blog and thought maybe you posted again!
Lisa has it all covered. The only other suggestion I have is to bring a JOURNAL.
This is SOOOO exciting that your baby is coming! You're gonna make a GREAT MOM! Hang in there girl! When you are walking around like a zombie cuz you're not sleeping because of the night feedings. you'll wish that the baby was in your tummy. Love you too!
So...email me ok? Just add ite to my last name and put at gmail.com
Sometimes I want to email you, but don't have it cuz calling you is too late. LOVE YOU.
You look beautiful! Lisa gave you great advice!
Hang in there, it is almost here!!!!:)
Post a Comment